Friday, December 29, 2017

Bargain Shopping

Hey guys. Wanted to change things up a bit and get some info out there about getting some materials for terrain building or models in general for war-gaming. Some of this may be old news to some of you vets, but this is here to help the new comers who have found this blog.


Supplies:

So I wanted to share about getting some supplies a great prices. The holiday season provided a plether a of coupons for local craft/hobby stores and lucky for me I have 3 near eachother (AC Moore, Jo Ann Fabric and Michael's). Michael's had a 60% off One Item Coupon and AC Moore had a 50% off One Item Coupon. I took advantage of this to pick up som DAS air dry modeling clay. This has many uses, but my main goal is to make sand bags for MG nests, bunkers and the like. I also want to make some sandbags for the Sherman tanks as well as defensive positions around builds. I am hoping to get this started int eh next day or 2. 

The craft stores run specials every week and it's usually for a percentage off one item, or another percentage off your entire purchase (I have never seen an entire purchase coupon go above 30%...yet). This is great to get some of the more expensive items at a lower price. My buddy uses it to get resin for casting parts.  


Pack of clay I picked up for 60% off!






1:72 Focke-Wulf I was able to pick up at AC Moore



MODELS/FIGURES:

Sometimes you can get great deals on models and figure sets. Warlord Games had a flash sale on resin vehicles, plus free shipping on order of $16.00! I was able to order a Panzer Luchs tank for a recon element I'm building and 2 figure sets (one Partisan squad and one FJ HQ Unit). This was  great deal, especially for the tank. The $16.00 order for free shipping is still going on.

Speaking of sales, Black Tree Designs has a sale going on where infantry is 50% Off! I picked up some partisan figures, US and German casualty sets, and two German infantry units to build up my Wehrmacht. Shipping was reasonable and it arrived on my door step in 2 days! Heck, it even shipped same day I ordered. The figures are nice and provide some variety mixed in with the Warlord figures I have.  

Another place to look out for is NWS gaming as the owner usually runs the same specials as Warlord does, but his prices are already discounted so its a heck of a deal as well. 


For modelers on a budget deals like this are worth saving up for and you can make out good. So keep an eye out and happy modeling!


No comments:

Post a Comment